Monday, May 19, 2008

S-s-spring is h-h-here

Brrrrrr! It's 45 outside and we have the furnace turned on again. I really thought we could make it with our last furnace run on May 15 or so, but no-o-o-o. (Think John Belushi, if you're old enough to remember him.) And that is probably the high for today. I tried to do my 5 mi. this a.m. but it was soooo cold that I only went "around the block" (2.5 mi.) once. Oh well. The wind was fierce and it was spitting rain on and off the whole time. Ugh. I'll do the whole thing tomorrow.

At least we didn't have it as bad as the "higher elevations." It snowed in Dannemora, about 15 minutes up from us. (Someday I'll take a photo up there of the whole Saranac valley. It's beautiful, if you can overlook the prison that'll be in the foreground!)

Noothing exciting on the calendar for now. Stan is going over to Vt. tomorrow to meet up with an old friend he only sees once a year. They meet at the Mount Mansfield Trout Club, a mountain club that counts many of Vermont's movers and shakers in its membership. But there's no heat in the building, so Stan will take his sleeping bag, as usual. Then he'll spend several days sitting with his friend in a boat, catching and releasing big trout. Not my kind of vacation. But he loves to do it.

I'm getting ready for a workshop I'll do in Saratoga Springs in 2 weeks. I won't get really nervous till next week.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, Stan's vacation with no heat and sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag sounds like so much fun... ;-)

By the way, you've been tagged. See my blog for details. Please respond!