Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Positive Strokes

It’s amazing what a compliment will do. I’m working on my workshop that I’ll conduct in Washington, DC, on May 22. I knew I had materials from a different workshop that I could rework for this one; I just had to remember which previous one it was! Okay, it was the one I did at Rosemont College in Philadelphia, and it had been hugely successful. So I had a little bitty high from remembering how positive the feedback was from that one and I got an e-mail labeled “Workshop.” When I opened it, it was a request from the program chair for the organization that had brought me to Rosemont! They’re interested in a “Part Deux.” Apparently the people who had attended my earlier workshop had reported as positively to their organization as they had to me, and they’re interested in having me again.

My frame of mind is now about 1000% more positive than it had been on Sunday. And it wasn’t that bad on Sunday! The fact that I’m working on a workshop feels really good. My sister will say that I need to get out there and beat the bushes again to get more business, but I’m really not interested in doing that. I kind of like this 1-2/year thing! If I were doing 1/month, like I did for awhile, I’d have to really stay on top of I.T. Then it would be too much like work. And I am, how you say, RETIRED. I actually contacted a woman I know who taught public speaking and had run her own company for “corporate training” to see if I could work occasionally/sporadically for her. Unfortunately she has just retired, herself! And she said it was too bad I hadn’t contacted her earlier because I would have been perfect. In my younger daughter’s perfect sing-song: Oh well.

Meanwhile, add those positive strokes to the endorphins I’m earning because I’m going to the gym more and working harder while I’m there and I’m in a good place right now! (And the fact that I’ll earn some $$ and get reimbursed for my travel for next week’s work is okay too! :D )

2 comments:

Scribbles said...

Kudos, Starla!!

Pi said...

Dc better look out! Carla's on her way! :) Good job, mama!