Monday, January 5, 2009

Retirement for Real

I'm trying on retirement-for-real, starting today. I have a little plan in my little head to try to give some little order to my days. I certainly do have a number of projects I want to do so this "organization" may help me actually DO them. Funny thing: when I went to type the headline for this post I typed "Retriement." I guess I really am retrying it.

BTW, I'm reading a book that is pretty interesting. As some already know, I'm a Christopher Moore fan after starting with A Dirty Job. This was his break-out book, got good reviews, was on the NYT Bestseller list for awhile, etc. It's called Lamb; the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. The premise is cool: the New Testament skips Christ's life, basically going from the manger to the cross with no back-story for those "lost" 30-or-so years. Well, Biff has been imprisoned by the angel Raziel in a 20th century hotel room in order to write the back-story as he experienced it. I don't want to say more but would love to hear from anyone who's read this book.

I am trying to write, and am vowing to do it for a certain time period every day. I'll let you know how that goes. (As you can see, I'm getting more regular here.) And I'm experimenting with Facebook and will try to be a regular there as well. Not really resolutions, but an attempt to push myself by writing things down.

We shall see ...

No comments: