Monday, March 30, 2009

Love getting older....

I'm feeling totally, completely awful today. First I came down with my first cold in about 3 yrs. yesterday. I woke up this morning feeling worse than when I went to bed (at 9:50) last night. And today is the "prep day" for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Oh how I wish it were tomorrow already! Ask anyone who's had one of these and ALL--totally unanimous and I don't even have to know how many there are--will say that the procedure is nothing; it's the prep. You have to "cleanse" your colon. Why medicine has not figured out a way to do that for me is a mystery. But the cleansing is drinking a purgative (look it up). That's not so bad. It's just that you have to drink 64 oz. of it in about 3 hours. Good lord. Who has a system capable of holding that much liquid? I guess that's the idea: Keep putting it in the top and it has to come out the bottom! Right now I'm almost finished with the first hour--read: 4 8-oz. glasses. And I will make it through; I've done it before. But I just needed to whine a little here.

So I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow because I usually do on Tuesdays and I'm going to VERY interested to see the results. Not only am I dehydrated from this cold (blowing my nose amazingly often) but I'm also going to "cleanse" everything else. Anyone want to wager on how much less I'll weigh tomorrow as compared to Wednesday morning?

And the weather is gray and rainy/windy. Not so much rain but it is gray. At least it's not snow, all you poor folks to the east of me. And that would be almost all of you except for the Seattlite.

Okay, whining done. I'm going to go rest somewhere for awhile.

No comments: