Saturday, June 20, 2009

Before ...

The family is starting our own Biggest Loser in July. I'm really ready for this. I absolutely need to lose more weight than I ever have in my life and the idea of my own support group is terrific. So I'm going to submit this as my before picture:



Actually, it's an "after" picture, as in "after 11 years." The car is my 2d Beetle (get over the "New" already! They've now been around 11 years!!) and while I loved my blue one, it was time to get a newer one. The color is much more sedate, which I'm not thrilled about. But it's a 2006 and only has 28K miles, so I was willing to take it, especially since the interior (black leather, very sexy) looks like it was driven by someone with no corporeal body. (I might just have used that word redundantly, but you know what I mean!) And it has an Audi engine with a lot of kick. So I really do like it. It'll take a little time to learn to love it, though, sort of like a pre-arranged marriage.

I'm in the house writing this because it's not nice out ... again. At least it's getting warmer, but everything is so wet. If we got a major wind, all the trees would fall over because the ground they're in wouldn't hold 'em. But as I look out my den window, I see my beautiful blue Siberian irises, and the white Siberians, too. Some bearded tongue is beginning to flower, and I realize I have to deadhead my cornflowers. Ah, summer.

And thinking of winter (nice segue, don't you think?), we're going to do a one-month snowbird experiment. For the month of March we'll be living in Crystal River, FL, with the dog and the cat. We had to have a pet-friendly place. I'm just glad the landlords didn't ask to meet the animals; Holly the dog is about 90 lbs. But both she & Susie the cat are older (almost 11 and 14 respectively) so they shouldn't be a problem. I'm very excited about this, because March is usually a miserable month here. Woohoo!

I guess I'll scan some more photos today. My endgoal is to scan all my pictures so I won't leave my daughters a million photos to sort through ... or not. I think they'll especially like our List family photos; there are such great memories. So Carla, stop blathering! Hitch up the scanner and get going. Okay. Okay!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sometimes the blog is just so irresistable, isn't it?!