Thursday, December 31, 2009

Next project

I have FINALLY finished the work on Marley & Me for the Readers Radio (I think that's what it's called). Gadzooks, what a loonngg process! You cannot imagine how boring it is to listen to yourself over and over and over and over. This is the best-edited work I've done and it came out alright.

Now I have to write the final report for the grant I did the application for; this is a completely different organization from the Readers Radio. My interest is flagging because I'm butting up against an ego that's pretty big and I'm not sure I'm interested in continuing. Meanwhile, I've just become treasurer and the organization has operating funds of nearly $20K, so I can't back out. I'll do my three years and then I'm out, I'm pretty sure.

Other projects: a polar fleece outfit for Courtney; Dots (candies) pj's for Kaitlyn--very cute fabric, a bed jacket for me (although I don't read in bed a lot recently--maybe I'll take it up again if I can be warm). Then it'll be off to Florida. Yay!

I'm all done with Borders and that's good. I'm really uncertain if I'll do it again next year. It surely isn't for the money, and this year it was a bit odd: I was assigned to the calendar kiosk almost all the time--probably because I could be relied upon to come in early enough to open (7:30 was a bit rough, but I did come in reliably)--and that is a one-person operation. Both good and bad: totally on my own, good, but no one to talk to and no way to sit down for hours, not so much. Luckily they got a cushion-y rubber mat to stand on or my feet/legs would've given out. Today was my last day, and I'm very okay with that.

Going to bed; it's 2 a.m. and that's tooooooo late. That editing kept me going until now; 1 1/2 hr. break at dinner but I've been at this since 4 p.m. Egad.

G'nite.

No comments: