Friday, June 29, 2007

A Gift from Elise

I got my gift for all seasons today--Mother's Day, birthday, Christmas, next Mother's Day, ... ! Elise had a puzzle of my very own made for me, from Stave Puzzles. Their puzzles are something I'd read about some time ago: handcrafted, unique, wooden, highest quality both in workmanship and ingenuity. Amazing. And now I have my own. It has pieces that spell my name, and spell Grammy, and include a silhouette of a woman carrying books (librarian), gardening tools and flowers, birds and other wildlife. I can't even name all the special-to-my-own-puzzle pieces there are; I'll have to take them all out and look at them carefully. The pieces look like they're laser-cut, or else the company uses the finest bandsaw on earth. So terrific. Go to their Web site at StavePuzzles.com for more info.

What a fabulous gift! Thank you sooooo much, Elise! If it doesn't make me totally nuts (no picture accompanies the puzzle and it may include false edge pieces, etc.) I'll take a picture when it's finished ... in a few years!

No comments: