Friday, June 22, 2007

Heavy Sigh

So my garden is really coming along this year. It had better seeing as how I've replaced almost all the soil in it. Anyway, I finally bought a gazing globe to go in it. I got it without the stand because I wanted a particular kind of globe and I had to order it, figuring I could get a stand anywhere. The globe has crystals swirled around the inside and they collect sunlight and glow for a few hours at dusk. I ordered it from Target, it came very quickly and we went today to find a stand.

The original plan was to put it in the middle of a giant terracotta plant pot (+/- 2' diameter--used to have a ficus in my house on Cornelia St.) and surround it w/petunias (deep purple). No one in Pburgh had the type of stand needed--big surprise--so we came home. Stan had said for me to take the globe along to make sure it would fit any stand I found (I would have left it at home). And on the way in the back door when we returned (w/o a stand), the globe hit the door frame and shattered.

So I just ordered another one. And a stand.

Heavy sigh.

2 comments:

Pi said...

I literally gasped when I read the word. 'shattered'. I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to be so close to your vision and see it thrown away - for a while. At least it's a Target ball and not a Pier One one for liek a zillion dollars. I'm sure when it's up, it's going to be beautiful.

~E

Kate said...

Man, oh man! When things like this happen to me, I feel like throwing a temper tantrum! I hope you know that this event moves "putting the globe into the garden" from Project status to Mission status. Good luck.