Wednesday, June 6, 2007

WT-Day Minus 7.5

That's Wedding-Travel day, for the uninformed, and we'll be leaving about 6-ish tomorrow a.m. Our flight leaves at 8:25 so we need the time to get a ferry--I don't when they start running 3/hr; if we're lucky we'll just miss the 6:20 and catch the 6:40. I cannot WAIT to be on the road.

But it will be an interesting getaway: The temp right now is 44 and there's a FROST WARNING tonight. It's JUNE, not April, for heaven's sake! I'm not bringing anything in because I'd have to get up waaaay too early to put it back out. And it'll probably still be freezing at 6:00 a.m. I'm being fairly dumb and wearing shorts out to Omaha. but it's supposed be around 80 by the time we arrive there so I should be okay.

Well, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks just this second won the Stanley Cup (that's hockey for the uninformed previously mentioned). I certainly wish Anaheim had been able to find a name that was a LITTLE classier. The Ducks???? Only in the U.S. would a city possibly even consider naming a professional sports team after a Disney movie. I'm sure Disney owns the team in some sense but really, the Ducks???? Stan was so bummed when the Buffalo Sabres lost to the Ottawa Senators (whom the Ducks just beat) that I was kind of surprised that he even watched the series.

So, the WEDDING. I'm so excited about this. Jane is my baby, the younger daughter of two, and it still amazes me that she's old enough to do this. But hey, I was only barely 23. (What WAS I thinking?) This wedding is a terrific next step in Jane & Dan's beautiful relationship and I couldn't be happier. She will be a beautiful bride, he a handsome groom, they love each other and have a great future ahead of them.

I'll post pictures after the fact. I cannot wait to be there.

No comments: