Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cold!

Boy, is it cold here. My computer's desktop weather program says it's 39 ... and it feels like 31. This is May 31, folks. What's with 31? or even 39?? I worked in my garden earlier when it was more like April (except that it's nearly June) and then the temp dropped when huge black clouds moved in. Of course, they moved by with only a spattering of rain, pushed by impressive winds ... again. I've probably said this on this blog before, but years ago a science librarian told me that global warming wouldn't mean that Plattsburgh would become Miami, but rather that the weather would give us higher peaks and lower valleys, i.e., more extremes than before. And almost every year since I learned that, the fluctuations have become more severe. Right now, as I look out my den window toward the west, the sky is mottled gray and the wind is whipping. And I may have said this earlier, but gee whiz, it is almost June.

Of course, I remember the first few years after moving here from what was, in comparison, balmy Iowa. My girls were never in shorts before June. Looks like we're back to that system. Brrrr.

Just a short note; have to go to dinner with the people across the street, who have done us so many favors. It should be fun.

No comments: