Monday, December 15, 2008

Am I Just Too Old?

This job at Borders is far more wearing than I had thought. It hadn't occurred to me that I would suffer so much from being on my feet so long. I'd made an appointment with a podiatrist back in August; their first opening was Dec. 3. When I went I was told I had bunions, no big news, but I'm finding that those bunions that almost never hurt me are being really badly affected by this job. My feet and legs ache all the days I work and it takes about one day (I've had F Sa Su off all this time) out of three before they're really pain free. As you might guess, I'm looking forward to having this job end: Dec. 30 is my last day. That means only T - Th this week, probably M - W next week, and M - W the week after.

I'll start walking outside again in January. It might not be every day for awhile but it's going to be several times a week. Last year I didn't go when it was about 10 degrees or colder, but we'll see about that this year. I may up my wimp quotient and not go when it's 15 or less.

Right now the wind, as Bruce would say, is "blowing a gale." It sounds strong and feels soooo good to be in our nice tight house. And I'm off to soak in a hot tub (no, it's not a hot-tub!). Mmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anita said...

this aging crap is really for the birds. I have not been back to Curves at all this month 'cause they changed their hours and are now closed when I go by. I just can't muster up the energy to go back outside after 4:00 PM when they are open again. Gotta figure out to change my wimpy ways.

Right now I am waiting for snow to fall, it has all around Seattle but not in town.

Pi said...

See? It's the gods above telling you that you really NEED to be retired! And walking? Heck - I wouldn't even go outSIDE if it's not above 40, but that's why I live in FL...

I hope your legs and feet feel better and that you enjoy your last few days of the working world - again. =)