Sunday, December 21, 2008

So we're getting the snowstorm that you all got (with the exception of the Florida contingent but at this time of year it's just better for my peace of mind to pretend they're getting this too). It started at about 8:30 this morning and will probably snow all day. As you can see in the little video, this is on top of the 10 inches we got two days ago.



(I think the snow coming down is actually more visible a bit more distant from the house. And I didn't mean to cut off like that; I thought my camera battery ran out.)

White Christmas? To quote Sarah Palin, "You betcha!" I'm not so happy about that because white could mean just enough snow to cover the grass; it doesn't have to be two feet deep! And Bruce has a whopper of a cold. I'm probably going to learn how to use the snowblower!

However, my Beetle's battery is dead right now. So I'll make a call to AAA because the car is in the garage nose-first, of course, and I don't want either Bruce or me pushing it out. Those AAA guys have a portable charger they can take into the garage, I'm pretty sure. I just can't decide if I'll call today or tomorrow. I think I'll let it go till tomorrow because I should drive it around a bit after it's charged and I absolutely do NOT want to do that today; the weather is just like it was when I was a pinata. I do learn from experience. :-)

The bad news is that I'm scheduled to work at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. I may not be there at 8:00. I can take the Ranger; Bruce doesn't mind that. It's getting out of the driveway that might be problematic. When the plows go by we get an impenetrably packed foot or more of snow from them. It's like shovelling concrete. We'll see how it goes, and I'll certainly tell you, dear reader, all about it.

For now, have a relaxing Sunday.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ryan and I liked the video! It was nice to hear your voice. :) Regarding work, I would call in a snow day if I were you. You only have a few days left... what are they going to do, fire you? YOu have a legitimate reason for not going in. One last thing. Is there a teenage kid you could hire to do that shoveling?

Pi said...

I agree with Kitty on all of the above. Give some kid $25 and call into work 'snow sick'. Put your feet up, read a book and have some hot cocoa with a peppermint stick in it. And tell Borders you'll be in when you can... =)