Saturday, December 13, 2008

First "gift" under the tree

We put up the tree this afternoon/evening, just getting it up and the star on top and then broke for dinner. I made a stir-fry so the break was about 90 minutes, but dinner was good. As I was walking through the living room after dinner I noticed something on the tree skirt. It was too big to be kitty throw-up/fur ball and too far under the tree to be doggy doo. And when I asked Bruce whether he had put it there he said no. So here's the first "gift" put under the tree by HollytheDog:





It's her bone! Yes, it's blue, but it's a big rubbery thing that we were advised to get for Holly because she's a hard chewer. (NylaBones can chip and if you've ever stepped barefoot on a well-loved NylaBone you know just how sharp those chips can be. I guess they're dangerous to a dog's insides so she doesn't get them anymore.) I don't know if she didn't want the cat to get it, or was being considerate about us tripping over it (she's never been considerate that way before...) or whether she was pretending to be outside because her walkies got cut short today when she stepped on something or twisted an ankle, anyway she got hurt. So I just had to put the photo up here. That dog is way to much like a human sometimes.

BTW, just a thought that occurred in my usual free-association way, here's a quote attributed to Groucho Marx: Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

1 comment:

Pi said...

At least your dog knows to put things UNDER the tree. Not knock it over to try to put things on TOP of the tree like our idiot cats. I'm sure a tree, inside, with a bone underneath it is what Holly dreams of....